It feels like it has been FOREVER since I have blogged about my ILP! Since my last update, I have completed 2 more sets of pages (4 pages total). Initially I wasn’t too worried about facing pages matching, but the more I work on it, the more I prefer them to match. I think there is only one spot in the book so far that doesn’t match. I think it just has more visual appeal and flow better when they have to same background and color schemes.
The last set of pages I did before these I started framing pictures with a thin colored paper background. I decided to do that again for these first pages. I couldn’t find a background sheet that I really liked or that tied into any of the photos. Then, I just used scraps of paper that I already had to create the mats. I think it would have been better if I had strategically planned them, but I’m starting to run out of paper!
I started to think that after doing so many pages with photo mats that it would look weird to go back to not having any. I tried it anyways and am glad I didn’t add them. I think it would have made these pages a little too busy.
With the addition of these pages, my book is officially full! I need to buy some more plastic page covers though because I still have a lot I want to add! I think learning how to add the additional pages will be the most challenging part of this whole thing. There are instructions and it says you just remove the spine, add the pages, and then seal it up, but I’m really worried that once I get it taken apart I won’t be able to get it put back together.
I now have 18 pages completed. As I look through the book I can see how some of the things I do have changed. I think it would be interesting to see what the book looked like if I had sat down and done it all at once compared to over a span of several weeks. I am eager to see what my future scrapbooks will look like as well!